If you're looking for something fun and easy to make (and eat), this is definitely it. This delicious chocolate bar comes together in around 10 minutes, is dairy-free and sweetened with honey or maple syrup instead of sugar.
- 1/2 cup cocoa, sifted + extra
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp honey/maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp flaky sea salt
- Combine the cocoa, nut butter, coconut oil, honey/maple syrup and salt in a bowl and mix to combine until you have a pliable chocolate paste.
- Place between two pieces of baking paper and flatten gently with a rolling pin, shaping into a rectangular bar.
- Pop into the freezer for about 30 minutes to harden.
- Dust bar with cocoa powder and leave as a whole bar or cut into squares or shards.
- The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you'd like to make a bigger batch.
- You can also roll the mixture into balls to make chocolate truffles instead of shaping
- into a bar. Roll in cocoa or finely chopped nuts before popping into the freezer to firm up.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- If you like fudgier chocolate, leave out at room temperature for a few minutes before eating.
- You can add additional chopped nuts and/or dried fruit into the mixture if you like.