Whoever said oats were boring has clearly never eaten them with peanut butter, banana and Heerlijk Nastergal Artisanal Preserve, a traditionally handmade preserve using nightshade berries also known as nastergal or umsobo.
PB, Banana & Nastergal Oats
I usually wing things like oats and don't stick to exact measurements. The below ingredients are a suggestion as opposed to a rule. If you like crunchy peanut butter, use crunchy, if you don't like cinnamon, leave that out. If you prefer maple syrup over honey, great! Recipes are meant to be adapted to suit you (unless you're baking, where the amount of flour you use isn't really open to interpretation, please don't quote the above here if your cake flops.)
The below serves one, so feel free to increase if you have more mouths to feed.
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 cup liquid (you can use water, a mix of water and dairy or plant-based milk)
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Heerlijk Nastergal / Nightshade Artisanal Preserve
- extra cinnamon
- Place the oats, liquid, cinnamon and salt in a small pot, stir and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, stir and cook until done. (Depending on the oats you use, this could take around 5 to 7 minutes).
- Pour the oats into a serving bowl and top with peanut butter, sliced banana and Heerlijk Nastergal Preserve.
- Drizzle with honey, sprinkle with extra cinnamon and enjoy!