I'm one of those people who gets suckered into the snake aisle treats when waiting to pay for my groceries, with my go-to usually being the seed and nut bars.
Tahini Seed & Nut Bars
These moreish homemade bars are absolutely delicious and come together in a matter of minutes. They can be vegan, are free of refined sugar and dairy. They can be kept in the fridge for up to two weeks or frozen for a month. If you prefer, you can also roll into bite-size balls.
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and
- 1/4 cup honey/maple syrup
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- 3 tbsp quinoa, toasted
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place the dates, honey or maple syrup and tahini in a food processor and blend until you have a smooth, sticky paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until just combined.
- Line a small, square baking dish or tin with baking paper and spoon the mixture into it. Use your hands to flatten it out and smooth over the top.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours until it’s hardened up, then cut into 8 bars or 16 smaller squares.