With mornings getting a little colder, I find myself craving warm and comforting breakfasts like porridge and oats.
Weekends call for something a little more “decadent”, like this Breakfast Berry Clafoutis.
Based on the classic French baked custard, this version is made with antioxidant-rich berries and FUTURELIFE® Smart food™ which contains MODUCARE® – an immune-boosting supplement made from a patented blend of plant sterols and sterolins which are clinically proven to help support one’s immune system.
It also contains 21 vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin C, Zinc, Selenium, and Vitamin D, all providing 50 % of your daily requirements for all vitamins and most minerals in just one 50g serving.
Berry Breakfast Clafoutis
This recipe makes enough to serve 2 but can easily be doubled or tripled if you’re serving a crowd and baked in one large oven dish to make life easier.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup FUTURELIFE® Smart food™ Original
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- icing sugar, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place 1/2 tbsp butter in two oven-proof dishes or bowls. Place in the preheating oven and heat until the butter has melted, about 4–6 minutes.
- While the butter is melting, place the eggs, oat milk, lemon zest, sea salt, vanilla, and FUTURELIFE® Smart food™ in a blender and whizz together for 40 seconds until completely combined.
- Divide the batter between each hot baking dish or bowl, evenly scatter with berries and bake for 30-35 minutes until puffed and lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, then dust with icing sugar before serving.
This recipe was originally posted on Instagram, as part of a paid partnership with FutureLife®.