There are times when all I feel like eating is something simple, warm, comforting and sweet. This Coconut Quinoa Pudding delivers on all four of those requests.
Much like rice pudding, all you really need for Coconut Quinoa Pudding is quinoa, coconut milk, water, sugar, vanilla and salt. Add everything to a pot, stir and cook for about 30 minutes until cooked. It couldn’t be easier!
Coconut Quinoa Pudding
You’ll have a comforting pudding in no time with this recipe, which takes less than 35 minutes to make. Depending on how you enjoy your pudding it can be eaten hot or cold (I enjoy both versions). As with the majority of my recipes you can double-up if cooking for 3 or more people.
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract / half a split vanilla pod
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- coconut flakes, toasted
- almond flakes, toasted
- Combine the quinoa, coconut milk, water, sugar, vanilla and salt in a pot and stir.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring every now and then, until it has thickened and the quinoa is cooked. This should take around 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, portion into serving glasses or dishes and top with toasted coconut and almond flakes.