Dried Fig & Almond Butter Bars are an easy no-bake healthyish treat that you can whip up in less than 10 minutes and be enjoying with a cup of tea or coffee in an hour.
I’ve had a bag of The Figary Dried Fig Slices in our cupboard for a couple of months now, which have been great for snacking on, but I thought this recipe would make good use of them and pair really well with Buttanutt’s Honey Almond Butter.
I also finished them off with a generous drizzle of my decadent 55% Semi-Sweet Chocolate Sauce (currently available for pre-order as part of my Easter Chocolate Sauce Gift Pack), which hardens when it cools.
Dried Fig & Almond Butter Bars
These bars are fudgy and fairly soft, so you need to place them in the freezer to firm up nicely before slicing. You can store them in the fridge or freezer and consume them within 1 week.
- 1/2 cup The Figary Dried Fig Slices, chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Buttanutt Honey Almond Butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp golden linseeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp Delicious Monster 55% Semi-Sweet Chocolate Sauce
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper, set it aside.
- Place all the ingredients, except for the Chocolate Sauce, in a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and using the back of a spoon, a piece of baking paper or your fingers (you can always lick them afterwards because they’ll be sticky AF), press down and make sure the surface is as flat and even as possible.
- Drizzle with the chocolate sauce and place in the freezer for at least 45 minutes to firm up before slicing into bars.