If you’re looking for something fun, easy and fast to make (and eat), this is Nutty Chocolate Bar is definitely it.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you’d like to make a bigger batch. You can also roll the mixture into balls to make chocolate truffles instead of shaping into a bar. Roll in cocoa or finely chopped nuts before popping into the freezer to firm up.
If you like a bar of fudgier chocolate, leave out at room temperature for a few minutes before eating. You can also add additional chopped nuts and/or dried fruit into the mixture if you want to personally customise it.
Nutty Chocolate Bar
This delicious chocolate bar comes together in around 10 minutes, is dairy-free and sweetened with honey or maple syrup instead of sugar.
- 1/2 cup cocoa, sifted + extra
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp honey/maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp flaky sea salt
- Combine the cocoa, nut butter, coconut oil, honey/maple syrup and salt in a bowl and mix to combine until you have a pliable chocolate paste.
- Place between two pieces of baking paper and flatten gently with a rolling pin, shaping into a rectangular bar.
- Pop into the freezer for about 30 minutes to harden.
- Dust bar with cocoa powder and leave as a whole bar or cut into squares or shards before serving.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.