If you’re looking for an easy home bar snack to go with all of that pineapple and ginger beer you’ve been brewing at home, you’re going to love this Ramen Noodle Snack! It’s absolutely addictive, so be warned.
Feel free to customise with whatever nuts and seeds you’ve got available, as there’s no right or wrong here. Use vegan noodles to make this a 100% vegan snack.
Ramen Noodle Snack Mix
If you like things a little spicier, feel free to add more cayenne or dried chilli flakes. Add-ins like peanuts, almonds, pecan and macadamia nuts will also work really well with this. This mix will also make a great addition to popcorn. Speaking of popcorn, if you hear a popping sound coming from your oven – it’s only the pumpkin seeds. Don’t panic!
- 2 packets instant noodles, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp raw quinoa
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Toss dry noodles, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, cashews and quinoa with the sunflower oil to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle over the spices and salt, and toss again to evenly coat.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes, tossing halfway through to make sure it’s evenly browning and not catching.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container or jar.