Raw cookie dough is a weakness of mine, as is ice cream – so I wanted to bring the two together in the form of a Raw Cookie Dough Nice Cream.
Something you feel a little less guilty about eating when you need something sweet is always a winner. Soaking cashews overnight allows them to become incredibly soft, easy to blend and creamy – ideal for raw cookie dough and nice cream.
Raw Cookie Dough Nice Cream
You can’t use any liquid to loosen the mixture as you would if you were making a smoothie, so you might need to blend, stop, pulse in between and repeat until it’s smooth. This all depends on how powerful your food processor or blender is. I allow for an overnight freeze and blend my nice cream again to achieve a smooth, crystal-free texture. Once you’ve done this it should be okay to freeze again.
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 tablespoon nut butter of choice
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp honey/maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- Nutty Chocolate Bar chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4-5 frozen bananas, depending on size, cut into chunks.
- Line a small loaf tin with baking paper, making sure you’ve got enough overhang to lift the contents of the tin out.
- Make the raw cookie dough first by combining the almonds, rolled oats, half of the cashews, nut butter, Medjool dates, honey/maple syrup and sea salt flakes in a food processor or blender, and blend until the mixture forms a sticky paste. Place the mixture in a freezer-proof dish and fold in the chopped chocolate. Set aside.
- Make the nice cream by adding the remaining cashews and frozen banana pieces to the food processor, and blend until smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl as you go.
- Once you’re happy with the texture of the nice cream, using half the cookie dough mixture, break off pieces and blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture into your lined loaf tin and freeze overnight, along with the remaining raw cookie dough which you’ll use the next day.
- Remove nice cream from the loaf tin and slice, add back into the food processor, blend until smooth.
- Fold in remaining raw cookie dough in bits and eat immediately or place back into the freezer for later.
- Allow the nice cream to thaw at room temp for around 5 minutes before scooping and serving.