Sumac is one of the best spices to use when roasting vegetables or chicken or both! It has a beautiful citrusy flavour that doesn’t go bitter as lemons tend to when roasted.
Sumac Cauliflower & Lentil Salad is a breeze to make and can be eaten warm or at room temperature. It can also be made up to 3 days ahead if need be and make great leftovers.
Sumac Cauliflower & Lentil Salad
- 1 large cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tsp sumac
- 400g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- large handful flat-leaf parsley washed and roughly chopped
- simple vinaigrette
- salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the cauliflower florets, sunflower oil and sumac in a bowl. Season with salt & black pepper, toss well to combine and turn out onto the lined baking tray. Roast for 30 minutes, until the cauliflower is golden brown and tender.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and add to a mixing bowl along with the lentils. parsley and vinaigrette. Season with salt and black pepper and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a large serving plate or dish before serving.
Other Veg Recipes
Vegetables and salads have come a long way over the last few years, especially with the rise in vegetarianism and veganism. Gone are the days of boring (and overcooked) veg sides, where they now take centre stage and are equally as exciting, if not more, than any meat dish.